السيد / نصر بن أحمد بن عبدالله الصالحي
NASAR AHMED ABDULLAH AL-SALHI
P.O Box 2296 Postal Code: 112,
Ruwi, Sultanate of Oman
(968) 99349365/ 96777658
Professional experience of more than 19 years with managerial capacity in supervising financial sector, and with a master‘s Degree in business administration from University of Strathclyde. Involved in the development of strategical business in the insurance and capital market, the development of technical, financial and legislative policies and monitoring the compliance of companies with the applicable policies and legislations.
- Master degree in Business Administration (MBA –Strategy, 2009), University of Strathclyde, UK.
- Passed Prince2 @Foundation in Project Management Exam (BCS The Charted Institute For IT) in 13 March 2014.
- Passed Prince2@ Practitioner Exam BCS the Charted Institute for IT) in 13 March 2014.
- B.Sc. in Accounting(Sultan Qaboos University, Oman, 1998 )
- Diploma in Insurance (BIBF) (Introduction in Insurance, Motor insurance, fire &LOP insurance, Feb 2001).
- Capital Market Authority as Director of Valuation and risks Surveillance Department
Jan 2014-Up to now
Responsible for Supervising the Insurance / Takaful Industry in the Sultanate of Oman including insurance intermediaries in respect of examining their regulatory returns financial statements and compliances with other applicable laws & regulations and with international best practices adopted in the country. Also looking for the insurance pricing strategies in order to protect the right of the insurance consumer, develop the insurance industry and maintain market and public trust.
- Capital Market Authority as Director of Policy holders protection Department
May 2012-Jan 2014
Responsibly looking & managing the complaints from insurance policyholders and followed up until its final positive disposal.
- Capital Market Authority as Acting Director, of Market & Depository Regulation Department
March 2011-May 2012
- Capital Market Authority as Specialist in Capital Market Department
September 2009 – March 2011
Responsibly looking after the stock market operations and trading surveillance in Muscat Securities Market.
- Capital Market Authority as Insurance Specialist
August 2004 to September 2009
Working with the Insurance Supervision and Regulations Department in all of the areas of insurance including technical and financial. Since on August 2004 the insurance Supervision role was shifted to Capital Market Authority by Royal Decree from the Ministry of Commerce.
- Ministry of Commerce & Industry as an Accountant
May 1999 – August 2004
Worked in Insurance Supervision department looking into insurance companies and insurance broker’s returns and financial statement. Examining insurance solvency of those companies and make sure that they are complying with the applicable insurance laws and regulations.
Responsibly handled the insurance complaints from the general public and insurance policyholder.
Responsibly reviewed the application and granted many licenses to insurance companies, insurance brokers and insurance agents.
Attended many meeting and discussions with the industry players and government officials in developing insurance market in Oman.
Seminars and Training
- Courses in insurance field (April 2001)
- The 3rd Regional Seminar on IAIS insurance core principle (April 2004)
- Advanced Financial Analysis (Dec 2004)
- Reinsurance Seminar (Dec 2004)
- Seminar on IAIS insurance core principles “Change in control and Market Conduct”. (Sep 2005).
- Advanced Supervisory skills (2005)
- The 2nd international Insurance Supervision Seminar on Core Supervisory Issues.(2006)
- Advanced Program in compliance and Regulation (2009)
- U.S. Securities Enforcement and Market oversight (2010)
- Securities leadership Program (2010).
- Clearing & Settlement, Risk Management, Securities lending & borrowing and Margin trading (Feb 2011).
- Customer Service Mindset (Nov 2012)
- Management andAdvance leadership (2013)
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to motivate and coach others in order to achieve short term goals reach high performance.
- Ability to create an inspired culture.
- Completed many courses in Management and Advance leadership.
- Involved in drafting many laws & regulation in insurance industry.
- Was a speaker in many workshops and seminars locally and internationally.
- Speak English and Arabic Fluently.
- Have good oral and writing commination skills.
Personal Details :
Date of birth: November 29, 1976
Place of Birth: Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
Marital Status: Married with 3 children
Passport No: 03855555
ID No: 05092616